Its over a year since I updated the blog. Life has gotten in the way and I've been having too much fun with the R33.
I'll post a more detailed updated soon but here is a quick recap since April2021
- Came out of winter storage in April2021 and straight down to TDP.ie for some work
- MeisterR CRD Coilovers & Damper Extension Cables fitted & setup
- Hardrace Front Upper Camber Arms
- Nismo GT LSD 1.5Way fitted & setup
- TDP.ie wheel alignment
- In July 2021 - Went to Armstrongs Body shop to keep things tidy on the paint side of things
- Passo rear light leak(common issue)
- Inner Wing / front window rust proof
- Arches rolled / sealed
- Rear 1/4 received some paint after the rolling of the arches
- Completed multiple trackdays - 5 to be exact and over 140laps with zero issues with the car apart from tyre and fuel usage! Really impressed and managed a new PB too. Plenty left in it though
- Also took part in RunwayClub in Aug2021 - high speed 800M runs. Had great fun but heat soak killed me again.
- Drove the shit out of the car up until November where I had booked in for an earlier NCT. It failed the NCT on the brakes. On closer inspection, the front CL RC5+ pads were done(quite impressed with myself). Went to replace the pads but simply couldn't get the pistons back in. Totally seized. Dropped them down to TDP to get rebuilt which meant the R33 sat on axle stands for a few weeks.
- In Dec2021, I got them back rebuilt and we refitted them along with some normal Comma DOT4 brake fluid & Stoptech 309 Sports Pads front & rear - just basic setup for now
- The same day, dropped her into winter storage. This is where Larry the wizard did the works on the car & removed the CarPro ceramic coating and applied the new Titan Vulcan TX155 Ceramic Coating - have to say, its 10x better and the car looks so much cleaner even when its filthy :-)
- In April2022, came out of storage again and passed the NCT the next day even with the emissions.
- Since then, some consumables like wipers but I have just been out enjoying boost when & where I can - hard with two little people & general life.
- As of end of April2022 - the odometer is showing 159,248KMs
You might be thinking why I put just basic fluid / brake pads in it - well some will know I am making up a custom big brake kit comprising of Megane 4 RS massive Brembos and 355mm DBA rotors. Just waiting on the discs to arrive then back down to TDP.ie to assemble / make the adapters etc.
Some pics below from my R33 adventures over the past year!
Post a Comment